Monday, June 13, 2011

Austen Reads: Henry Tilney's Diary by Amanda Grange

Ladies and Gents, I must confess to cheating a bit to acquire Henry Tilney’s Diary by Amanda Grange. I purchased this from Amazon UK as it is not schedule to appear on the US market until December. Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey is one of my favorite novels because Henry Tilney is an adorable hero. I get my hands on any Northanger Abbey sequels when I find them, but they are as rare as finding an oil well in my backyard. So, I really could not wait for the US release date.

HENRY TILNEY'S DIARY BY AMANDA GRANGE




Paperback
Publisher: Berkley Trade (December 6, 2011)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 0425243923






At the age of four and twenty, Henry is content with his life as a clergyman, leaving his older brother Frederick to inherit Northanger Abbey. But General Tilney is determined to increase the family's means by having all three of his children marry wealthy partners.

During a trip to Bath, Henry meets the delightful Miss Catherine Morland and believes he may have found the woman he's been looking for, although she has no great fortune. When the General takes an unusual liking to Catherine and invites her to visit the Abbey, Henry is thrilled. But just as in the Gothic novels Henry loves, not everything is as it seems...










No comments: